Director of Product Marketing
Vorstella is an AI platform that automatically manages large scale distributed systems like Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark and Kafka for large companies. Founded by ex-DataStax engineers, we’ve designed some of the largest distributed system deployments in the world and we wanted to make this technology accessible to everyone. You shouldn’t need 3 years of experience to feel comfortable running a new system at scale. We take the guesswork out of using new technology and let you focus on building your applications.
What you’ll be working on
You'll be our first marketing hire, will report directly to the CEO and will be building the marketing org from scratch. You'll lead our effort to find product-market fit by defining our target market and the set of product features that maximize growth in that target market.
You'll put in place marketing experimentation processes to drive time-bound, data-driven growth experiments. The goal being to determine what works, what doesn’t, who’s interested and what do they care about most.
You'll select and oversee contractors responsible for implementing the demand generation funnel and content marketing. The goal being so that we achieve the required pipeline coverage taking into account conversion rates and velocity.
You'll design messaging and collateral for use by sales org to accelerate the sales process and oversee training.
You'll work with product and engineering to implement feedback loops which drive product strategy and pricing.
- The ability to dive deep into markets to assess potential opportunities.
- Product marketing experience with enterprise IT, infrastructure or SaaS products.
- Strong social, verbal and written communications skills. We're work from home friendly and many of our engineers are spread across the southwest US.
- Data driven, quantitative and analytical.
- Experience in a dynamic work environment with a bias for action.
- A love of distributed systems, data, and learning new things.
- You will be a senior member of the team you'll have a direct and significant impact on the future of the company.
- We are pushing the cutting edge of what’s possible, you'll be working with some of the world’s leading experts in large-scale distributed systems.